Eaton’s Aerospace Fluid Electrical Distribution division is currently seeking a Product Sales Manager to join our team. This is a remote based sales position. The candidate for this role must be located in Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania or within the Northeast Region of the United States.
The Product Sales Manager role is responsible for establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships and leading growth opportunities through the stages of the selling cycle. This process requires application of value selling and PROLaunch tools with particular emphasis on developing winning capture strategies and selling value for Conveyance and Ducting & Sealing products. This PSM position will focus on commercial and military opportunities in support of the Fluid and Electrical Distribution growth strategies in the Northeast Region of the U.S. focused on New York, Pennsylvania, and the greater New England area.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develop and maintain sound customer relationships
- Ensure that the new business pipeline is healthy with an emphasis on sales for the Conveyance and Ducting & Sealing products. Leverages extended resources to identify and execute new business opportunities
- Apply PROLaunch and value cycle tools in the new business capture processes. The PSM leads capture teams with support from the Proposal Manager throughout the business capture process. The PSM will work with the capture team to develop proposals and present the Eaton value proposition to the customer as required
- Work with the Product Manager, Division Sales Manager and finance resources to develop opportunity business cases utilizing the NBR tool
- Establish and maintain a customer communication plan, including customer site visits
- Work closely with the Regional and Customer Account teams
- Support the development of market trend/dynamics analyses and how they impact intake performance
- Develop and execute action plans to ensure intake goals are achieved and plant health metrics are Green
- Support the strategic planning process through understanding and effective communication of customer needs
- Support the development of customer needs analysis as required
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the product portfolio, new technology needs and future application requirements
- Maintain a current knowledge of competitor’s products and identifies strengths and weaknesses compared to Eaton Aerospace products.
- Support the demand aspect of the SIOP process and is an active participant in all necessary phases of the process
- Assess current practices for continuous process improvements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in an Aerospace customer-facing role.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), have been granted Political Asylum, or Refugee.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside in Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania or within the Northeast Region of the United States to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- 5+ years of experience in an Aerospace customer-facing role.
- Strong Customer interface skills. Ability to uncover customer needs and translate into winning capture strategies and value propositions.
- Strong Business Acumen – must understand market and customer trends, customer needs and impact on future product development programs, new business case financials.
- Good working knowledge of OEM and military procurement processes and be capable of developing and managing relationships with appropriate personnel.
- Knowledge of FED fluid conveyance and sensing systems and products, and product applications on the aircraft.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong data management skills.
- Effective in a matrix management environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
We can help you find a better job! Simply scroll up to the top to find the search box and enter the keywords of interest to get your own personalized search!