What is Nooli?
Nooli is the first product from a Brisbane-based startup, founded by an experienced entrepreneur (Dean) & Technical Co-founder (Adam) who have successfully worked together before. The business behind Nooli has recently received its first funding round and we’re excited to get started hiring our team.
We’re looking around Australia for an enthusiastic and creative Lead Product Designer to help us bring Nooli to life.
Nooli is a mobile-first household collaboration platform for the modern busy family, taming the high volume and frequency of information that arrives on a daily basis.
As the first designer in our team you will be joining us, the technical founders, who couldn’t design a beautiful customer experience to save themselves. We will be looking to you to blend our product vision and customer research insights into a friendly, welcoming and super-efficient app experience that allows busy household organisers to action a notification in no more than a few taps. Your role is extremely important for both customer success with our product, but also creating something that they’ll refer to other busy families.
- We are flexible about whether the role is full-time or part-time, permanent or contract, provided we find the right designer.
- We are not flexible about whether we need someone to join our team. We need you to live and breathe Nooli with us. Sorry to all you amazing freelancers and agencies.
- We are flexible about where you live in Australia.
- We are not flexible about whether you live in Australia though, sorry to all those amazing International designers who might be interested.
- We are very flexible with working hours, particularly if you are also a busy household organiser and need to work around your kids school, sport and family obligations. We totally get it and want you to bring your whole self to work so we can create something amazing for other busy family organisers.
Ideally you are:
- Customer-obsessed and excited about bringing a sorely needed consumer-facing app to life
- Collaborative, willing to work with the co-founders to extract their vision and shape it into a friendly, welcoming and efficient app.
- Great at visual & interaction design so the app is not boring to use, but also capable in UX design so the app is efficient and functional.
- Flexible in your working arrangements and comfortable working remotely with a small team.
- Fun-loving and enjoy the thrill of launching something new and valuable into the world.
- Outcome focussed and willing to do whatever it takes to get Nooli launched into the world.
- Comfortable with an iterative design process that actively seeks feedback to generate insights, along with humility and a deep appreciation when that feedback is provided by customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead our product design efforts, by taking our existing customer research, UX design and product prototypes and mapping out the path to launching the MVP into the iOS App Store.
- Lead all customer-facing research & testing activities to ensure we’re continually surprising our customers with friendly, welcoming and efficient app flows that solve as many of their day-to-day household organisational problems as we can.
- Create, define, craft and evolve all aspects of the friendly and welcoming Nooli design system that informs both the current app and future web experience.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with the founding team through our Slack, Zoom, Figma (or Adobe XD) and Notion workspaces.
- Work collaboratively with our engineering team to translate your designs into the working product.
- Iteratively engage with our alpha, beta and MVP launch customer cohorts to ensure we’re delivering a product that excites and satisfies our target customer market.
Experience You Have:
Ideally you’re currently working in a consumer-facing product team and want to step up and lead the design for a new app.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a Product, UI and UX Designer or similar role for consumer-facing app and web products
- Experience working with app developers to translate your high-fidelity Figma (or Adobe XD) designs into a ReactNative (or similar) coding technology.
- Experience designing subtle but fun app interactions and animations using frameworks such as Lottie.
- Experience designing contemporary iOS apps using Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines (HIG).
- Whilst not an immediate requirement, experience designing for Android and SaaS/web is highly desirable for future versions of the Nooli product experience.
Our Interview Process:
We are funded and hiring now, so this process will be as efficient as we can make it whilst ensuring we still find the right person.
Here’s the steps we’ll take after you reach out to us. We can’t wait to meet you!
Step 1: Please reach out through [email protected] with a short bio on yourself and links to you LinkedIn profile and any online design portfolios you might want to share.
Step 2: You will then have an initial meet & greet zoom call with Dean (CEO & Founder) so you can learn more about Nooli, and he can get to know you a little better. Dean is all about family, attitude, culture fit and collaboration so this is the conversation to bring your whole self!
Step 3: You’ll have an in-depth interview with one or more of Nooli’s Advisory Board members who have had their own product/design-based businesses before. Dean takes recommendations from his Advisory Board very seriously so this is the interview where your design skills & experience need to shine.
Step 4: You and Dean will then sit down to work out your remuneration, generous options package and start date.
We love the vision for Nooli and cannot wait to meet the designer who is going to help us bring it to life. Chat soon!
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://dribbble.com/jobs/133757-Lead-Product-Designer?source=feed→