Once a small plumbing supply house, Cregger Company is now a leading wholesaler and retailer of building products and home goods related to heating, cooling, plumbing, lighting, and home goods. Founded in 1978, Cregger Company has grown into one of the industries well known and respected wholesalers. Today Cregger Company employs over 315 people across 34 locations; throughout South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia. The company continues to grow and prosper through its focus on customer service, extraordinary personnel, discipline of operations, and among-st all things, pride.
The outside sales manager will grow sales and increase company profits by cultivating current customers and recruiting new customers. The manager will increase profitability by promoting products, providing technical support and conducting training to new and repeat customers within an assigned territory.
Extensive, demonstrable knowledge of electrical products and their functions.
- Participate with management in updating territory plan and setting sales goals.
- Determine sales potential for new and existing customer through inquiry, observation or periodical research.
- Prepare and conduct sales presentations of products to new and existing customers.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products.
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction.
- Increase business and account base by finding and qualifying new business accounts using sales techniques to cross sell and up-sell.
- Maintain and improve customer relationships and satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- Learn and apply new product knowledge to enhance sales and personal professionalism.
- Assist clients with special requests and problems (supply information, resolve complaints, etc.)
- Visit job sites as needed to measure or provide client services.
- Negotiate and establish pricing and terms according to company’s requirements to customer and transaction profitability.
- Prepare and present quotations.
- Communicate to the purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products.
- Assist in scheduled physical inventory counts.
- Remain current with changes in local codes and consumer preferences
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Remain current on product and industry knowledge by attending sales meetings, vendor training and trade shows, or reading trade journals.
- Maintain technical and computer capability to effectively use contact management, distribution and office software.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors.
- Participate in trade association functions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401 k
- Paid Time off
- Holiday Days
- Employee Referral Program
- Quarterly Incentive Program
- Plus more