City of Gillette, WY
$19.11 – $23.89 an hour
Full Job Description
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hiring Rate of Pay: $19.11 to $23.89/Hour
- Posted Date:09/14/2021 10:40 AM
- Deadline to Apply:09/28/2021 5:00 PM
This position provides clerical, customer services, and administrative support for the operations of the Public Works Department.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance; takes messages and makes appointments.
- Prints invoices and forwards to appropriate department for coding and signatures; forwards to Finance staff for payment; files invoices.
- Enters work orders in software system; closes work orders upon completion.
- Enters weight tickets from landfill for residential and commercial trash; enters yard waste tickets in summer months.
- Processes purchase card statements; prints reports for each department; matches receipts to purchase orders; collects missing receipts from employees; scans receipts and codes each purchase.
- Makes travel arrangements for department personnel.
- Completes annual inventory spreadsheets.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Reconciles landfill bills for commercial and residential trash.
- Orders and issues uniforms for department personnel.
- Prepares a variety of spreadsheets and other documents.
- Prepares staff meeting agendas.
- Responds to or forwards email from the general public.
- Creates and updates employee on-call schedules.
- Makes park reservations and prints related reports.
- Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of city and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of records management principles.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in the provision of customer services.
- Skill in the maintenance of files and records.
- Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Public Works Director assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include city and department policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of related administrative duties. The need to multi-task contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for department operations. Successful performance contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of those operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other city employees, business owners, and the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light objects, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- Possession of a high school diploma or GED.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the required City of Gillette Application, which is available on the City of Gillette website www.gillettewy.gov/employ
Application Deadline: September 28, 2021 at 5:00 pm MDT
Pre-Employment Drug Screening Conducted. Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Administrative+Assistant+Public+Work&c=City+of+Gillette&l=Gillette%2C+WY&jk=4be0b0bb6933628e&rtk=1ffl1rm35t5fg800&from=rss→