The Executive Assistant provides high executive-level support to the most senior executive(s) within a region or business unit. The Executive Assistant is responsible for effectively managing the day to day activities and time sensitive materials of the executive office and handles confidential information with discretion. This position must demonstrate strong organizational skills, be proactive, exercise of independent judgment and discretion as well as have strong communication and client service skills. Will often service in an office manager capacity and manage the receptionist as well as other administrative staff. The Executive Assistant will report to the Senior Vice President.
What You’ll Do:
- Independently manage the day-to-day activities of the executive office and the administrative support personnel as assigned;
- Prioritize and handle internal and external correspondence; screen incoming calls in the most professional manner; schedule meetings and maintain daily and long-term calendar; coordinate executive and board meetings and materials preparation;
- Assist in maintaining effective relationships with clients, designers, consultants and internal Skanska clients;
- Assist Executive(s) in management of schedules/calendars;
- Proactively manage executive’s travel plans;
- Assist Executive(s) in preparation and review of expense reports;
- Create and maintain comprehensive filing systems-including electronic files;
- Inventory and ordering of office supplies;
- Inventory, operation and upkeep of office equipment
- Oversee functions within our conference rooms for internal and external clients;
- Perform general administrative duties such as typing, copying and filing;
- Manage unit functions such as monthly, quarterly or annual employee and management meetings;
- Special projects as assigned;
- Shall serve as an office manager and manage the receptionist as well as other administrative staff;
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment and Skanska Safety and Health Management Program.
What We’re Looking For:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products;
- Broad understanding of industry;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong math and analytical skills;
- Ability to prioritize projects and manage very tight timelines;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Highly accountable and proactive;
- Ability to maintain utmost discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Associate Degree required;
- Bachelor’s Degree desired;
- 5-7 years of related administrative experience
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualifies applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualifies individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 11,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2015, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $7.1 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $18.4 billion in 2015. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America’s Best Employers of 2016 by Forbes.
We can help you find a better job! Simply scroll up to the top to find the search box and enter the keywords of interest to get your own personalized search!