Wesco Aircraft is a dynamic, global company looking for enthusiastic team members to support our vision: To generate value in everything we do every day as a highly engaged team delivering the best customer experience. We invest in our employees, providing outstanding opportunities for career progression and personal development. We invite you to explore a career with our Wesco Aircraft Customer Operations Team.
The Customer Program Manager is accountable for ensuring the strategic objectives of the Program are developed, implemented and consistently executed to provide error-free, on-time delivery of high quality products and optimum program profitability, while actively cultivating and sustaining valuable customer and supplier relationships.
This role I is responsible for orchestrating the above by continuously providing effective leadership in the areas of administration, infrastructure, and the development of efficiencies, process improvements and personnel, in support of a JIT Forward Stocking Location(s) (FSL). Additionally, responsibility includes ensuring streamlined operations, facility organization and competent personnel, in strong support of internal and external partnerships, fostering an atmosphere of trust and engagement through clear communications of individual and team accountabilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuously promote and maintain positive working relationships with customers and suppliers to achieve the best exposure in the market, ensuring all opportunities to provide value-added services to customers are actively pursued and negotiated
- Direct Program operations, including inventory/stocking strategy for JIT FSL(s) to maintain optimal levels to support the Contract(s)
- Manage and maintain Program budgetary compliance and recommend annual budget changes, as needed
- Plan, direct and prioritize JIT FSL facility workflow and Project & Life Cycle strategies to manage a consistent and timely flow of inventory, in direct response to customer specifics and ship date requirements
- Manage the department staff to ensure a high-level of service to customers; ensuring the staff works well as a team; direct employees toward goals and objectives
- Lead by example and provide strong managerial support and guidance to facility teams, offering effective administrative guidelines, clear work instructions, policies and procedures
- Coordinate and ensure all team members are provided with current program information, technical access, and the equipment and tools necessary to perform the job accurately and efficiently
- Implement, oversee and document the training of all AS9100 requirements and Quality Work Instructions for existing, as well as, new process improvements and customer-specific requirements
- Actively promote and engage facility staff in critical thinking regarding continuous JIT Program process improvements by gathering teams together to discuss program strengths, deficiencies and opportunities for enhancements
- Respond, investigate and immediately resolve communication failures or process deficiency claims against the FSL and re-train or take actions necessary to ensure the occurrence is not repeated
- Ensure document controls, processing and recordkeeping are in compliance with local, State and Federal regulations, as well as Wesco recordkeeping policies, including, but not limited to training records, transaction reports and customer communications
- Uphold Customer on-site policies and compliance procedures, as applicable, in addition to Wesco policies and procedure
- Conduct Supervisor performance evaluations (if applicable) or monitor employee performance evaluations and identify relevant coaching needs; approves all employee wage changes and promotions, in accordance with budgetary restrictions and compensation policies
- Create, compile and analyze workflow, time and labor reports to recommend organizational changes and effective process improvements, where needed, and to meet current and projected commitments
- Manage, coordinate or designate onsite FSL facilities, equipment and real estate maintenance, as applicable, maintaining cleanliness, personnel and/or product security, and organization throughout the facility
- Engage directly with customers’ auditors, as needed, to ensure accurate compliance and execution of the customers’ specifications and requirements
- Attend all company-sponsored meetings or management training, as required
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, which may include sales, distribution and inventory management
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service/and real-time problem solving strategies
- Supervisory experience is required, with proven ability to motivate others to strive to meet or exceed objectives
- Strong process management and process improvement skills and/or experience with JIT Contract programs- Aerospace industry product knowledge is required
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the use of integrated database systems and computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite tools, specifically, Word, Excel and Power Point , Access is a plus
- Demonstrated critical thinking and Business Acumen application is required
- Strong understanding of supply chain management/distribution processes and Wesco philosophy
- Good working knowledge of ISO9001 and AS9100 product distribution environments and expectations
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret statistical workflow and time & labor data to produce profitable results
- Excellent interpersonal “savvy”, with the ability to communicate well with high-level personnel (internal or external)
- Strong instructional, training, coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong verbal, written and formal presentation skills
- Ability to travel frequently, as required
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Wesco Aircraft is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Wesco is proud to offer a broad range of benefits options. You can choose from a number of plans including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and voluntary supplemental programs. All full-time employees are eligible for benefits coverage.
Wesco Aircraft is one of the world’s leading distributors and providers of comprehensive supply chain management services to the global aerospace industry, based on annual sales. Our services range from traditional distribution to the management of supplier relationships, quality assurance, kitting, just-in-time delivery, chemical management services, third-party logistics or fourth-party logistics and point-of-use inventory management. We offer one of the world’s broadest portfolios of aerospace products, including C-class hardware, chemical and electrical and comprised of more than 563,000 active stock-keeping units. Wesco Aircraft has more than 2,900 employees across 50 locations globally with net sales of $1.6 billion in 2018.
We can help you find a better job! Simply scroll up to the top to find the search box and enter the keywords of interest to get your own personalized search!